Thursday, January 24, 2008

What The Dead Know by Laura Lippman

Although I am a librarian, ashamedly I had never heard of Laura Lippman. I say ashamedly because I literally DeVoUrEd this book! I have even recommended it to our library's book group to read for next month. It's one of those books you can't get out of your head. I keep turning the puzzle pieces over in my mind. The premise? A car wreck in Baltimore sends a woman running from the scene. When the police stop her to question her about the incident, she claims to be one of two missing sisters who disappeared from a local mall 30 years before. Lippman has truly crafted a fine mystery. You are never quite sure what to believe, up until the very end. The story is full of twists and turns, fully realized characters, and great plot. I felt like she really got into the mind of someone who (maybe?) had disappeared for many years, someone who had been abused severely. You will have to read it to understand, but the main character's personality was so fascinating!I am very eager to read another Lippman title!
Katie M.

No comments: