Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Stephen King's Favorites of 2008!

I found this over at one of my favorite blogs: Amazon's Omnivoracious.

Here are Stephen King's favorite reads of 2008. And you know, I really like Stephen King (not that I know him, but anyway, I digress) because he's a great story-teller, but also a great reader and champion of libraries. So, I would greatly trust his recommendations! Oh, and this list came originally from King's Entertainment Weekly column, in case you are interested.

Here's the list:
  1. The Novels of Robert Goddard ("In Pale Battalions, his second novel, was the first book I read on my new Kindle.")
  2. The Garden of Last Days by Andre Dubus III ("It's terrifying, un-put-downable, and the best novel so far about 9/11.")
  3. When Will There Be Good News? by Kate Atkinson ( As a reader, I was charmed. As a novelist, I was staggered by Atkinson's narrative wizardry.")
  4. The Tenderness of Wolves by Stef Penney ("If you liked Life of Pi and The Secret Life of Bees, this is for you. ")
  5. Nixonland by Rick Perlstein ("It's the best history of the turbulent '60s I've ever read.")
  6. Heartsick/Sweetheart Chelsea Cain ("We've been down Hannibal Lecter Avenue many times, and these two books shouldn't work...but they do.")
  7. Hollywood Crows by Joseph Wambaugh ("Wambaugh's Hollywood is an open-air psycho ward where even the cops need Valium.")
  8. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Cindy Stieg Larsson ("The good news is that Larsson delivered two more novels with this one. The bad news is that he died of a heart attack shortly after doing so.")
  9. Old Flames by Jack Ketchum ("Remember Glenn Close as the bunny-boiler scorned in Fatal Attraction? Raise that to the 10th power..." )
  10. The Good Guy by Dean Koontz ("[T]his is Koontz at his Hitchcockiest")
What are your favorites?
km

No comments: