Monday, June 15, 2009

You Know, Everyone's Got One ...

A summer reading list, that is!
And, I feel most fortunate that Holley and I have scooped a lot of these titles already. Especially in the case of Oprah's newest list. You know Oprah, right? Sure you do. Here's her list for summer.
Oh, and if you go here, you can conveniently download her bookmark with the list. There is also a schedule - seems more like summer school to me :0
Happy Reading!

km

THE IRRESISTABLES
□ Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann
□ Heroic Measures by Jill Ciment
□ Yes, My Darling Daughter by Margaret Leroy

INTO THE UNKNOWN
□ Dreaming in Hindi by Katherine Russell Rich
□ What I Thought I Knew by Alice Eve Cohen
□ A Pearl in the Storm by Tori Murden McClure

UNHOLY TERRORS
□ Columbine by Dave Cullen
□ The Glister by John Burnside
□ Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
by Seth Grahame-Smith and Jane Austen

TALES OUT OF SCHOOL
□ Admission by Jean Hanff Korelitz - I read this one in the spring. It was longish, but pretty decent.

CONSUMING PASSIONS
□ The Food of a Younger Land by Mark Kurlansky - Holley and I talked about this one at our summer reading preview, in fact, I am reading it AS WE SPEAK! Take that Oprah!
□ The Peep Diaries by Hal Niedzviecki

NATURE GIRLS
□ Farm City by Novella Carpenter
□ Plan Bee by Susan Brackney

GREAT DAMES
□ Stormy Weather by James Gavin
□ Eye of My Heart edited by Barbara Graham

THE WRITER'S EDGE
□ One D.O.A., One on the Way by Mary Robison
□ The Heyday of the Insensitive Bastards
by Robert Boswell

CLASSICS, TAKE II
□ A Meaningful Life by L.J. Davis
□ A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway

THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS
□ Lime Tree Can't Bear Orange by Amanda Smyth
□ Camilla by Madeleine L'Engle

PURE POETRY
□ Essential Pleasures edited by Robert Pinsky
□ Poems from the Women's Movement
edited by Honor Moore

THE MOST ARTFUL DODGER
□ Provenance by Laney Salisbury and Aly Sujo

No comments: