Monday, June 15, 2009

You Know, Everyone's Got One ...

A summer reading list, that is!
And, I feel most fortunate that Holley and I have scooped a lot of these titles already. Especially in the case of Oprah's newest list. You know Oprah, right? Sure you do. Here's her list for summer.
Oh, and if you go here, you can conveniently download her bookmark with the list. There is also a schedule - seems more like summer school to me :0
Happy Reading!

km

THE IRRESISTABLES
Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann
Heroic Measures by Jill Ciment
Yes, My Darling Daughter by Margaret Leroy

INTO THE UNKNOWN
Dreaming in Hindi by Katherine Russell Rich
What I Thought I Knew by Alice Eve Cohen
A Pearl in the Storm by Tori Murden McClure

UNHOLY TERRORS
Columbine by Dave Cullen
The Glister by John Burnside
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
by Seth Grahame-Smith and Jane Austen

TALES OUT OF SCHOOL
Admission by Jean Hanff Korelitz - I read this one in the spring. It was longish, but pretty decent.

CONSUMING PASSIONS
The Food of a Younger Land by Mark Kurlansky - Holley and I talked about this one at our summer reading preview, in fact, I am reading it AS WE SPEAK! Take that Oprah!
The Peep Diaries by Hal Niedzviecki

NATURE GIRLS
Farm City by Novella Carpenter
Plan Bee by Susan Brackney

GREAT DAMES
Stormy Weather by James Gavin
Eye of My Heart edited by Barbara Graham

THE WRITER'S EDGE
One D.O.A., One on the Way by Mary Robison
The Heyday of the Insensitive Bastards
by Robert Boswell

CLASSICS, TAKE II
A Meaningful Life by L.J. Davis
A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway

THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS
Lime Tree Can't Bear Orange by Amanda Smyth
Camilla by Madeleine L'Engle

PURE POETRY
Essential Pleasures edited by Robert Pinsky
Poems from the Women's Movement
edited by Honor Moore

THE MOST ARTFUL DODGER
Provenance by Laney Salisbury and Aly Sujo

No comments: