If you've been around the library lately I'm sure you've noticed we have money on our minds! We're a few months into our Smart Investing @ EOL series and we're pumped! We've had lots of excitement and great attendance at our programs.
In particular, last week we hosted a seminar on ways parents can save money for their own retirement while saving for their children's education at the same time. I've found a few links lately that I think may be of interest to those of you who attended the program (or really anyone in general!). Check out these links:
- Parenting magazine's article on answering kids' tough questions about money.
- From Get Rich Slowly blog we have an article on calibrating and circumnavigating the cost of college.
I pulled together some books on the topic from our collection and they're currently on display. Check 'em out:
- The Busy Family's Guide to Estate Planning
- The Best Way To Save For College
- Expecting Money: The Essential Financial Plan for New and Growing Families
- Earn It, Learn It: Teach Your Child the Value of Money, Work, and Time Well Spent
- Kids and Money: Giving Them the Savvy to Succeed Financially
- The Ultimate Suburban Survivalist Guide: The Smart Money Moves to Prepare for Any Crisis
- The Busy Family's Guide to Money
If you'd like to swing by the library today and check out a title, you'll find the books on the display shelf near the 2nd floor Reference Desk. We have plenty of brochures for our upcoming seminars as well. In fact, we'll host two next week:
November 3rd @ 6:30 p.m.
Banking and Credit
November 5th 9:00 am - 12:30 p.m.
Women & Money
Registration is required for both of these free events.
To find out more visit our website or click on this link which will take you straight to the Smart Investing @ EOL page.