The National Book Award winners were announced today. Most of the books on the list are available here at EOL in various formats from print to digital, or you could even check out an e reader with the book already on it! Drop by today and check one out.
The winner for fiction was Louise Erdrich's The Round House.
The finalists for fiction were
- Junot Diaz This Is How You Lose Her
- Dave Eggers A Hologram for the King
- Ben Fountain Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk
- Kevin Powers The Yellow Birds.
Katherine Boo won in nonfiction for Behind The Beautiful Forevers: Life, Death and Hope in a Mumbai Undercity.
Finalists for non fiction include:
- Anne Applebaum Iron Curtain: The Crushing of Eastern Europe, 1945-1956
- Robert Caro The Passage of Power: The Years of Lyndon Johnson, Volume 4
- Domingo Martinex The Boy Kings of Texas
- Anthony Shadid, House of Stone: A Memoir of Home, Family, and a Lost Middle East.
Prizes were also awarded for poetry and young people's literature.
Additionally, several titles listed above are available on e readers. With this new program, patrons can check out an e reader pre loaded with titles ranging from bestsellers to mysteries to romance. Check out our various e readers here!