Friday, May 1, 2009

Edgar Award Winners Announced!


The Edgar Allan Poe Awards, widely acknowledged to be the most prestigious award in the mystery genre, are presented every year by the Mystery Writers of America.

Here are the 2009 winners!

Best Novel
Blue Heaven by C.J. Box

Best First Novel by an American Author
The Foreigner by Francie Lin

Best Paperback Original
China Lake by Meg Gardiner

Best Critical/Biographical

Best Fact Crime

Best Young Adult
Paper Towns by John Green

Best Juvenile
The Postcard by Tony Abbott

S&S Mary Higgins Clark Award
The Killer's Wife by Bill Floyd

Wow, there are so many good stories to read right now!  How can we possibly keep up?  Personally, I use Shelfari (look for the sidebar item to see My Bookshelf).  Katie uses LibraryThing.  What do you use to keep up with what you've read and what you'd like to read?  Take a look at these two and consider moving your paper lists online!

Happy reading!
Holley

2 comments:

Carla Jean said...

I use Good Reads, probably because I have a bunch of friends who use it. I don't know that I would otherwise prefer it over Shelfari or Library Thing.

Emmet O'Neal Library said...

I also have a couple of friends who use GoodReads, but I was already firmly addicted to Shelfari when they tagged me to sign up for GR so I wasn't too interested in it. I love keeping up with my books online though!
Holley