Thursday, May 3, 2007

Khaled Hosseini


















Can he do it again?

Hosseini's new book, A Thousand Splendid Suns, is due out May 22 and I for one am anxiously looking forward to it. If you haven't read The Kite Runner, climb out from under your rock and read it before the 22nd. These two books are not part of a series, but I would be very surprised if TKR does not become one of the greatest classics of this first decade of the 21st century. I do have a slight tendency toward melodrama, but I'm fervent about this title.

As usual, USA Today's Book section featured an interview with Hosseini, who talked about his motivation and muse for writing A Thousand Splendid Suns. Personally, I'll be buying a copy for my personal library as soon as it comes out and wishing it could be autographed like my copy of TKR :)


htw

No comments: